CalArts Music School students are invited to submit proposals for sound-related installations to be programmed in the WaveCave gallery during the Fall 2019 semester. The WaveCave will be available for week-long shows, Sundays through Saturdays throughout most of the Fall 2019 semester.
Proposals are due by Monday, May 13th, 2019 at 5pm
Selection Notifications will be sent by Monday, May 27th 2019
Commitment to assigned gallery dates is due by Monday, June 10th, 2019
(Notification emails will be sent for accepted proposals only)
Proposals will be reviewed by a committee consisting of CalArts Music School alumni and faculty and will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Clarity of the proposal
- Interesting usage of sound within the gallery space
- Experimentation in process or approach; or challenge to formal conventions
- Feasibility of the proposal
Create and upload a PDF with the following information:
- Synopsis of the Piece (50 to 100 words) – What exactly will we see and hear as we enter the gallery and explore the work
- Detailed Description of the Piece (500 words or less) – Tell us more about your approach both aesthetically and technically
- A diagram of the physical layout of the piece in the gallery
- A system diagram of any electronics
- Pertinent links to your current / previous work that may help us understand the work you are proposing
- Bio (200 words or less)
The Fine Print
Download and read everything in this PDF file! It has everything you need to know plus four examples of successful proposals!
We will only review proposals that use the following form and specifically follow the proposal criteria listed above. Please do not upload other grant proposals – IE – Interdisciplinary grant proposals.